PCIR (Participant and Clinical Interaction Resource)
The current Participant and Clinical Interaction Resource (PCIR) facilities include three general outpatient research exam and procedure rooms, one small conference room, an interview room, newly expanded investigation pharmacy, fully-equipped specimen collection, processing and storage facilities, and ample dedicated office space.
The PCIR is widely used and is available to all Meharry investigators. Support is first provided on the following priorities and is based on project funding source and available resources: (1) Meharry Translational Research Center (MeTRC) investigators with a letter of support commitment from the PCIR (2) Other NIH funded studies (including subcontracts from Vanderbilt) (3) Other federally funded (e.g., Center for Disease Control (CDC), Department of Defense (DOD)), foundations, investigator-initiated and finally (4) Industry-sponsored trials. Unfunded trials also have access to PCIR services, based on availability.
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
- Refrigerated and standard centrifuges, pharmacy refrigerator, lab refrigerator, -20°C freezer, multiple -80°C freezers
- Access to web-based and secure Clinical Trials Management (CTMS) including clinical research patient registry.
Current PCIR services include:
- Trial management
- Hourly RN/CRC staffing support
- Subject recruitment services
- Phlebotomy, biospecimen processing
- Data entry
- Protocol writing support
- Clinical feasibility
- IRB support
- Regulatory support
- Educational opportunities
- Investigator development
- Study locator services
- Budget and contract negotiations
- Facility usage
Meharry Medical College
1005 Dr. D.B. Todd Jr. Blvd.
Nashville, TN 37208
Fourth Floor – Old Hubbard Hospital
Supported by the National Institute On Minority Health And Health Disparities of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number U54 MD0007593.