Meharry Career Network
Smoketown Family Wellness Center
Excellent opportunity for BC/BE primary care pediatrician looking for the autonomy of an independent, startup practice. We are seeking the right person to join our integrated care team in either part time or full time capacity.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including a retirement benefit match, malpractice and health insurance. Located in Louisville’s historic first African American neighborhood, Smoketown is designated as a medically underserved area, with the possibility of loan forgiveness. Panel size is limited to allow for quality patient care. Hospitalist service provides inpatient care. Access to University of Louisville specialist is available. There is an opportunity to be involved with research, if interested.
Louisville, KY is a dynamic mid-sized city boasting a competitive cost of living. It is home to a vibrant arts and food community and beautiful park system. We are known for college basketball and thoroughbred horse racing, as well as home to Louisville City Football Club and Louisville Bats Baseball.
Please send your CV and letter of interest to email@example.com
About us: The Smoketown Family Wellness Center (SFWC) has a dream that every child will grow up healthy and prepared to be successful in achieving their goals, regardless of the neighborhood where they live. The Center is an independent start up nonprofit organization dedicated to support families in their journey to raise healthy children.
In addition to comprehensive, evidence-based pediatric care, we offer a wide array of services to support the needs of the families we serve. Our Center has a teaching kitchen, behavioral health services, after school programming and prescriptive food pantry and community garden to support families in need.
Our Analysts join us from a wide range of backgrounds and make an immediate impact working as part of a team committed to developing creative insights, implementing processes, and driving tangible results. We provide access to the training and coaching you need while you work independently or in group settings to get hands on experience in building effective relationships and creating solutions for our clients.
With a solution-oriented approach, you will collaborate with team members to critically think and problem solve to execute the implementation of effective processes and strategies for clients. As an Analyst, you’ll work across a wide range of clients and projectswhich vary in length and size. In addition to client work, you’ll also get a chance to participate in various team culture initiatives andsocial events.
Responsibilities may include:
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and communicate synthesized results to senior internal team members to inform client deliverables
- Collaborating with internal team members during the course of the project, including presenting key takeaways, communicating project updates, and organizing overall project logistics
- Engaging with colleagues across the practice to develop innovative and industry-leading methodologies that better serve our clients
- Attending regular client meetings to identify and analyze key metrics for both internal and client leadership team
Requirements & Qualifications
- Strong performance in your degree of choice with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products
- Willingness to travel up to 100%
- U.S. work authorization is required
Full or Part-time Associate Dentist Opportunities
42 North Dental
Seeking full or part-time Associate Dentists in MA, NH, CT, or ME!
In our established, multi-specialty group practice we welcome an abundance of new patients each month. Our state of the art facility allows optimal patient care, a comprehensive approach to full service dentistry along with a strong focus on quality, service and patient satisfaction. Providers are responsible for entire clinical patient experience from initial exam and treatment plan to delivery of care. In-office specialty services including periodontics, endodontics, oral surgery and orthodontics are available facilitating access to complete dental care for patients.
Excellent compensation and benefits package including; paid medical, malpractice and 401K retirement plus unlimited earning potential. Future opportunity for equity position.
For IMMEDIATE consideration, please email your resume to:Or call/text: 617-480-6355
Tennessee Department of Health Director
Division of Family health and Wellness
- Title V Director, Maternal Child Health Block Grant: Oversee the administration and implementation of the block grant to promote the health and wellbeing of women and children. Requirements include regular stake holder meetings, regular needs assessment, and annual update and review of action plans with associated performance measures. MCH
priority areas include: reduction of infant and maternal mortality, access to comprehensive prenatal and postnatal care for women, and facilitation of family-centered, community-based systems of coordinated care for children with special healthcare needs. MCH programs also include lead screening and follow up, newborn screening, and the Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome surveillance program.
- Reproductive and Women’s Health: Medical Director responsible for administration and implementation of breast and cervical cancer screening program, prenatal presumptive eligibility registration, rape prevention education, abstinence and sexual risk avoidance, and the federal Title X grant funding for comprehensive family planning services across the state of Tennessee. Activities include review of clinical and administrative protocols, communication and clarification of clinical guidelines, and assurance of fiscal and administrative grant requirements.
- Early Childhood Initiatives: Oversee the administration of evidence based home visiting, targeted case management and early childhood comprehensive systems. Administration of Children’s Special Services payer of last resort and care coordination program as part of Children and Youth with Special Healthcare Needs Section. Administration of newborn screening follow up, childhood lead poisoning prevention, and perinatal regionalization programs. Facilitate Genetics Advisory Committee and Perinatal Advisory Committee. Facilitate development of an integrated care coordination program Community Health Access and Navigation in Tennessee (CHANT) in all county health departments to identify infants with high risk of infant mortality and connect those families with needed social and medical services.
- Supplemental Nutrition: Oversee administration of the Women Infants and Children (WIC) Program, commodity and supplemental food program, senior farmer’s market and cross
cutting breastfeeding initiatives across the state of Tennessee. The WIC program serves 140,000 Tennesseans each month. WIC also generates approximately $100M revenue for local grocery store vendors.
- Injury Prevention and Detection: Serve as Child Fatality Review Committee co-chair and Maternal Mortality Committee chair. Oversee grant funded initiatives in Violence and Injury Prevention, SIDS/SUID Prevention, Infant Mortality Reduction Initiatives, Maternal Mortality Reduction Initiatives, Traumatic Brain Injury services coordination and prevention.
- Chronic Disease and Health Promotion: Responsible for promotion of physical activity, improved nutrition and decreased tobacco usage through CDC Chronic Disease and School Health Grant, Tobacco Prevention and Control program, Project Diabetes state funded initiatives, and Preventive Health Block Grant. Coordination with local and regional health departments on built environment work, school health, tobacco prevention, and substance abuse prevention.
Assistant Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Health Director, Division of Family Health and Wellness
Education: MD or DNP, MPH (preferred)
- Must have or be eligible for active, unrestricted TN medical license
- At least 10 years of clinical and administrative experience
- Internal Medicine, OB/Gyn, Pediatrics, Family Medicine, Med/Peds, or Preventive Medicine
- Experience with public health and community-based systems, particularly related to maternal and child health, tobacco
and obesity prevention
- Vision for systems approach to promoting health
- Leadership experience in community assessment, partnerships and programs to address social determinants of health and
- Experience with grant applications and reporting
- Experience in management of interdisciplinary teams
- Experience in communications with media and high level stakeholders including governmental and community partners
Other duties of the Assistant Commissioner include:
- Oversight of 140 staff, substantial budgetary responsibility, over 300 outgoing contracts to community entities, and management of 25 incoming grants.
- Strategic Planning and execution of health priorities across the state, including priority areas of promoting physical activity, decreasing tobacco use, decreasing obesity and decreasing substance abuse.
- Partnership and coordination with external agencies and community partners to improve health outcomes in key areas including breastfeeding promotion, infant mortality and maternal mortality reduction, neonatal abstinence syndrome, adverse childhood events, and emerging health threats.
- Support rapid public health quality improvement initiatives.
- Guide the Division in the selection, evaluation, and implementation of evidence-based prevention strategies that align with the Maternal and Child Health Block grant and department priority areas.
- Develop public health capacity for effective strategic planning, funding utilization, and evaluation
- Represent Division at TDH Medical Leadership team meetings as needed.
- Present to local, regional, state, and national groups as requested on topics relevant to section work.
- Ensure equitable allocation of available funds particularly to groups or geographic regions disproportionately burdened by poor health outcomes.
Please send a CV with cover letter to Dr. Morgan McDonald Morgan.McDonald@tn.gov
San Benito Health Foundation
San Benito Health Foundation is a dynamic FQHC (Federally Qualified Health Clinic) located in Hollister, CA! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; as well as 403(b) retirement plan and National Loan Repayment.
We are seeking a skillful, energetic full-time Dentist. As a Dentist with San Benito Health Foundation, you are shaping the future of healthcare on the Central Coast and San Benito County and making the lives of our patients better; easier and healthier. We are a patient centered health home offering our patients the best in medical, dental and vision care. Join our dynamic team of professionals and be part of a health model that truly improves the lives of individuals and the community at large. Take the opportunity to do something remarkable every single day by providing comprehensive general dentistry care to adults and children.
Dentist is a full-time, exempt position that provides professional dental services to patients, in the conformity with clinic protocols and the code of ethics of California Dental Association. Dentist is also responsible for providing immediate treatment of dental emergencies, examines, diagnoses and develops a plan of treatment for patients, provides local anesthesia as necessary prior to dental treatment, performs prophylaxis, scaling, sub-gingival curettage, root planning and oral hygiene instruction, prescribes medication as necessary, records patient-dentist transactions in dental records; completes referrals, data collection and other records as may be required, and Saturday clinic rotations.
This position provides dental care to patients of San Benito Health Foundation; promotes positive patient relations, and participates in quality improvement activities. The dentist is responsible for providing patients with quality dental care procedures including diagnosis, recommendations and treatment, as well as providing dental education and prevention services to patients and staff. Provide direct dental care, which includes exam and diagnosis, x-ray, placements and restoration, teeth extractions, and root canal therapy.
We offer a competitive salary plus incentive and an excellent benefits package that includes a pension plan, a 403 (b) plan with employer match, and a continuing medical education benefit.
As a Dentist of San Benito Health Foundation, you will join the Community Health Center’s team of providers. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual looking to make a difference at the community level, and enhance the quality of life of its members. We are a thriving, growing community health center located just 30 minutes from Monterey Bay. Hollister is known for its small town feel with the perks of being just a short distance from world class beaches, resorts, and golf courses. Live and practice dentistry where others vacation!
Individuals will work in a Patient Centered Medical Home Model, and work closely with a team of professionals to provide culturally sensitive, high quality, comprehensive health services in our Federally Funded Community/Migrant Health Center. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work independently.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Degree from an accredited school of Dentistry
- Current BLS Certification
- State-issued license for Dentistry
- 2+ years experience working as a Dentist
- Excellent customer service and organization skills
- Advanced time management skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Be insurable
- Spanish/bilingual is strongly preferred
- Diagnose and provide appropriate dental treatment to patients, including regular cleanings, root canals, surgical extractions
- Educate patients and parents of patients on maintaining proper oral health
- Communicate with dental staff on our team regarding patient treatment plans
- Carefully document all medications, diagnoses, treatments and consultations
We welcome applications from new graduates.
To apply for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org make sure to include your cover letter, resume and application.
At Castle Dental, we are dedicated to serving patients and providing quality dental care in a group practice setting among high-caliber dental professionals. If you are seeking clinical autonomy with the backing of a full support team and the latest technology, we have the ideal opportunity for you in Chattanooga, TN.
Your Role as a Dentist:
As an integral part of a hardworking dental team, we encourage you to give guidance and direction to your dental assistants, hygienists and other support personnel. And while you’ll have the support of the entire office, you’ll have full autonomy over your patients, a steady stream of patients to keep you busy and exposure to all types of procedures. We also offer top-of-the-line technology and safety equipment to help you give high quality, compassionate care.
What’s It Like to Work at Castle Dental?
We believe in building a happy, harmonious work environment where you love what you do—and our culture supports that. You’ll have the opportunity to advance in your dental career and the chance to explore continuing education programs.
- We’ll give you your own built-in network of referrals
- You’ll work in a group practice with GP dentists and specialists, ensuring your patients are well taken care of
- We have dedicated dental assistants and a front-office team that we know you’ll love working with
What We Need From You
- A DDS or DMD degree from an accredited dental school
- Active dental license in the state you’re hired in
- Current CPR certification
- DEA certificate
What We’ll Offer You
- Unparalleled support to develop your skill sets
- Continuing education programs and mentoring on your schedule
- A culture that celebrates success and diversity
- Benefits and perks for you, your family and even your pets!
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K for full-time positions
The Meharry Career Network is a collaboration between the Division of Student Affairs, and Institutional Advancement.
Meharry Medical College often receives job postings for employers seeking talented physicians, dentists, biomedical scientists and master’s level health professionals. There is a need to provide a mechanism for sharing career opportunities with Meharry students and alumni. In July 2018, the Meharry Career Network launched.
Please share your employment opportunities with the Meharry students and alumni, by emailing position descriptions and related information to the Meharry Career Network at email@example.com. Jobs will remain posted for a period of three months from initial publication.
It should be noted that posted positions may be filled. Meharry Medical College provides the Career Network as a value-added service and is held harmless regarding the accuracy of the information supplied by employers.