- This event has passed.
Medical Grand Rounds: Zika Virus
March 10, 2016 @ 11:00 am
Join the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology for Medical Grand Rounds: Zika Virus.
Dr. Sydney Hester, Infectious Diseases and Prevention at TriStar Centennial Medical Center and the Frist Clinic, will speak at 11 am in S.S. Kresge Learning Resource Center – Lecture Hall #1.
At the conclusion of this grand round the attendees will be able to:
• Define the current state of Zika Virus internationally as well as within the US States and Territories.
• Recognize the causal link between Zika Virus and fetal microcephaly as well as other links to poor fetal outcomes.
• Identify modes of transmission of Zika Virus and clinical presentation of disease.
• Discuss prevention, treatment and precautions while caring for an adult patient with Zika.
• Discuss diagnostic tests available, who to test, and monitoring of pregnant females with suspected or confirmed Zika Virus Disease.
• List important contacts for Zika Virus, including the CDC and the Tennessee Department of Health.
ACCREDITATION: Meharry Medical College is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education (CME) for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION: Meharry Medical College designates this live activity for a maximum 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.