Event Request Form
Any Department, Business, or Organization wanting to reserve campus event space is required to complete the form below. If this is an external request, proof of liability insurance and liability release documents are required. Please be sure to complete the form in its entirety as incomplete forms will not be accepted. Also, please note, security is required for any event with 50 attendees or more.
Please see the Event Layout Chart, for your desired setup and indicate where appropriate on the form.
If insurance is required for your event, download and sign the Liability Release for Use of College Properties.
Failure to submit required certificate of insurance prior to the event may result in event cancellation.
Attach LIABILITY RELEASE and CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE documents below.
Use of Alcoholic Beverages
Consumption of alcoholic beverages on any Meharry Medical College facilities shall be in strict accordance with the following policy guidelines:
- Approval of request to serve alcoholic beverages shall be limited to wine and beer.
- All requests to serve alcoholic beverages must be made five (5) days in advance of the event as a part of the initial Request Form to the Office of External Affairs and Special Events, (Office of the President).
- The Office of General Counsel shall take under advisement extraordinary requests serve alcoholic beverages other than wine and beer.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be sold on campus.
- Approved alcoholic beverages may not be served to at events which will includeattendees under 21 years of age.
- It is the responsibility of the person (s) or organization (s) sponsoring an event to observe the laws of the State of Tennessee and Meharry’s regulations regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Approved alcoholic beverages may not be served during the times when classes are normally in session (Mondays through Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- The serving of approved alcoholic beverages in laboratories, classrooms, lecture halls and patient areas is expressly prohibited.
- All events at which approved alcoholic beverages are served must also have non- alcoholic beverages available.