Join. Connect. Network.
All alumni are eligible to join the Association. There are four membership categories:
- Associates— $75 per year
Supporters of Meharry Medical College, but not a graduate. Associate members receive the same benefits as alumni members, except they do not hold the right to vote or to hold office.
Alumni: Military Personnel, Residents, Nurses, Allied Health/Public Health Professionals, and others
Alumni: Dentists, Physicians and Ph.D.s others
- Life Member—$5,000 ($1,000 upfront; $4,000 over the next 3 years)
Alumni: Dentists, Physicians and Ph.D.s ($1,000 for all nurses)
Member benefits include:
- Meharry National Alumni Association, Inc. pin
- Membership card
- Car rental and hotel discounts
- iGive Prepaid MasterCard®—make everyday purchases while contributing to the Meharry National Alumni Association, Inc.
- Special mailings
- Special thank-you gift from the Association
Membership dues are no longer due in January, but are due on an annual basis according to date of membership. For example, if you choose to pay dues in November, your next payment will be due in November of the following year. With this year-round payment option, your membership is guaranteed to be good for the entire year; however, it’s important to keep your dues current to receive the full benefit of the all mailings, notices, and events for the entire calendar year.
Your dues are the only means of support for our operations. Alumni Association dues also support such programs as:
- National Medical Association/National Dental Association Conventions activities
- Commencement/Reunion activities
- National Alumni Association Student Scholarship awards
- Chapter, alumnus, and faculty of the year awards
- Alumni Newsletter
- Alumni Calendar
- Funding assistance to student organizations
Please remember, your alumni dues are not considered a contribution to the College.
Meharry is still counting on your annual contribution. Give to Meharry today!
One may join by completing the Enrollment Form form available online or from the National Office and sending it along with your check or credit card payment.
You may also pay your dues online, via PayPal.
Stay in Touch—please!
If you have recently moved, changed your name, or just have not been receiving any information from Meharry, please contact the Office of Alumni Affairs with your updated information. The Alumni Association will soon be offering an online alumni mail directory. Watch your mailbox and the Meharry Medical College Home Page.
Incentives for Paying Dues
- Exercise your right to vote and participate in decision making.
- Keep the association strong and relevant as a player in the operation of the college and its various schools.
- Receive alumni magazines quarterly and the annual reports.
- Get support and career counseling for your children and mentees.
- Maintain/reestablish networks with classmates and friends.
- Get discounts on boutique items.
- Get a 10 percent discount with Hertz rental cars.
- Receive an alumni calendar featuring reunion class pictures.
- Demonstrate your PRIDE in Meharry!
- Life membership’s awards and recognition
Guardians Of Our Legacy
The Guardians of Our Legacy are a group of loyal and generous alumni who have taken it upon themselves to champion the support of their alma mater, Meharry Medical College, to protect its legacy while helping to provide for its future.
These exceptional benefactors have provided substantial sums of money, $100,000 or more, and time, often at great sacrifice, to ensure the stability and future of the nation’s largest, independent, private historically black academic health sciences center.
Guardians are members of the Royal Society, named in honor of Frank S. Royal Sr. M.D. ’68, the first alumnus and African American to chair the Meharry Board of Trustees and one of the first to contribute $100,000 or more to the College.
Samuel P. Adams, M.D. ’49
Nelson L. Adams III, M.D. ’78
Hastings K. Banda, M.D. ’37*
Terry S. Baul, M.D. ’78
Theodore E. Bolden, D.D.S. ’47
James W. Bridges, M.D. ’60
James O. Brookins II, M.D. ’80
Richard C. Caesar, D.D.S. ’51*
David D. Chube Sr., M.D. ’55
Wendell F. Cox, D.D.S. ’44*
James M. Crawford, M.D. ’71*
William A. Davison, M.D. ’72
Mable W. Densler, R.N. ’62
James F. Densler, M.D. ’61
Samuel G. Eubanks Jr., M.D. ’68*
Lorenzo Ferguson, M.D. ’77
Ross E. Gardner, M.D. ’76
Darnley J. Goodridge, M.D. ’52*
George C. Hale Sr., M.D. ’56
Robert E. Hanson, M.D. ’67
Lewis Hargett, M.D. ’87
Herbert C. Harris, D.D.S. ’59
George C. Hill, M.D. ’58*
Edward R. Hills, M.D. ’66
Tipkins Hood, M.D. ’63*
Franklin R. Jackson, M.D. ’60*
Robert L. Jackson, M.D. ’78
William M. Jenkins Jr., M.D. ’57*
Alfonso P. Johnson Sr., M.D. ’51*
Shedrick D. Jones, D.D.S. ’56
Henry Lucas Jr., D.D.S. ’60*
Thomas N. Malone, M.D. ’69
Edgar O. Mandeville, M.D. ’67
Warren F. Melamed, D.D.S. ’72
Robert E. Mines Jr., M.D. ’60
Theodore Morgan Sr., M.D. ’79
Henry A. Moses, Ph.D.
Fred D. Parrott, M.D. ’58
Randle E. Pollard, M.D. ’51
James L. Potts, M.D. ’67
Edward W. Reed, M.D. ’55*
Paul M. Rice, M.D. ’83
Walter J. Riley, M.D. ’64
James W. Robinson, M.D. ’60
Thomas H. Ross, M.D. ’73
David E. Ross Jr, M.D. ’55
Frank S. Royal Sr., M.D. ’68
Jimmy B. Sheats, D.D.S. ’74
Dazelle D. Simpson, M.D. ’50
Isaac Slaughter, M.D. ’58*
Charles T. Smith, D.D.S. ’75
Edith F. Smith-Rayford, M.D. ’88
Clinton E. Warner, M.D. ’51*
Samuel W. Williams, M.D. ’64
Frank L. Williams III, M.D. ’60
June D. Williams-Colman, M.D. ’93
Artmas L. Worthy, D.D.S. ’75