Meharry National Alumni Association
True to the heritage of Meharry Medical College, the Meharry National Alumni Association, Inc., pledges to support the College and provide activities that foster the interests of the College by promoting the art and science of medicine, dentistry, health-related research, graduate studies, and allied health professions. The Association further pledges to provide information about the College to alumni and foster relationships among Alumni that advance the Mission of the College.
Meharry Medical College’s original Alumni Association was chartered in 1925. Records indicate that there was no activity for a period of time that resulted in the loss of the charter. In December 1986, the corporate charter was reinstated as the Meharry National Alumni Association, Inc.
The Association became a freestanding organization in 2002, separate from the College. It retains its original mission, goals, and objectives in partnership with Meharry Medical College, as outlined in the Operational Agreement between the College and the Association.
And in the tradition of its founders, the Association enhances and shapes the focus of its activities to promote:
- Support and assistance to students;
- Congeniality among Alumni;
- Good will among Alumni toward the College;
- Information to Alumni about the activities of the College;
- Chapter establishment and development; and
- Financial development that support the endowment of the College as well as other priority needs identified by the College.
The Association operates administratively through a central office, Alumni Affairs, located on the Meharry Medical College campus, with chartered chapters throughout the United States. Currently, there are 38 chartered chapters.
The Meharry National Alumni Association, Inc. is a 501(c)3, not-for-profit organization. The governing board (Board of Management) consists of officers of the Association and local chapter presidents and officers. The Executive Committee and the Board of Management meet two or three times annually, during:
- Commencement/Reunion weekend
- Fall, prior to the fall convocation
- Mid-winter (January or February)
The general membership meets annually, usually during the College’s Commencement Reunion weekend.
Update your information on file by clicking the button below!
East AL/West GA
Jefferson Underwood, III, MD”81
Bennie Goggans, DDS”79
Thomas N. Malone, MD”69
William Rutledge, MD”79
Rodney Cobb, DDS”88
Kimberly Lucas-Benton, DDS”88
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Shelly L. Williams-Griffin, MD’90
Reginald Sykes, MD”80
Michael Badger, DDS’90
James W. Bridges, MD’60
Mendee Bull-Ligon, DDS’79
John P. Johnson, DDS’89
Vincent C. Vaughters, DDS”81
Lillian Jones, MD’98
David Anyadike, MD’00
Garfield Batchelor, DDS
Kentucky State area
Lewis Hargett, MD’87
Joahn Betts, MD’85
Michael Williams, DDS “79
Teryl Emery, DDS”01
Errol Quinteal, Sr., MD ‘71
Tokius Westbrook, MD’02
Patrick D. Moore, MD’98
Winfred Booker, DDS’85
Dennis Rogers, DDS”82
Edith-Smith Rayford, MD’88
Carla Lewis-Langley, DDS’87
Luther Adair, MD’06
New York State
Allen Toles, MD’86
Andrew Holt, MSPH’99
Deidre Batch, MD”76
Roderick Adams, Jr. DDS’75
South Carolina State
James A. Green, III, DDS’01
Andrew Hazley, MD’77
Marvin Eason, MD’78
William Terrell, Jr. MD’72
Reginald Buford, MD
George Hillard, MD’72
Lavonne Hairstone, MD’11
Karen Royal Love, MD
Sy Pierre, MD’89
Benefits of Active Membership
- Assure the Financial security of the Association.
- Receive a HARD COPY of The Alumni Magazine.
- Retain eligibility for Awards and Recognitions.
- Receive competent and unbiased advice to your children/grandchildren.
- Refer patients and others to the National Office for counseling.
- Receive discounts from the Martha Robert Spirit Bookstore.
- Receive discounts from certain insurance companies
- Network with other Meharrians.
- Request information for your patients who are relocating and seek a Meharry healthcare provider physician/dentist at the new home.
- Receive names patients who seek a healthcare provider who recently moved to your area.
- Provide your name to such patients.
- Participate on the governance of the Association and Meharry Medical College.
- Be considered for membership on the Board of Trustees of Meharry Medical College.
- Be eligible for leadership roles in the Meharry Alumni Association.
- Receive condolences for deceased loved ones.
- Receive resolutions for deceased loved ones.
- Receive special recognition for contributions to the association.
- Get priority communications from the national office.
- Contribute in increments of $200, $100, or $75 annually.
- Get reports from the president of the Association and Alumni Trustees on actions of the Meharry Board of Trustees